Swimming Past the 6 Problems of Life
How, Where, & When Your Karmic Seeds Will Open
At a 5-star resort on the beautiful beaches of Thailand, December 8-14, we will learn to swim past the 6 Problems of Life, forever. Which one of these problems do you have? Here they are:
1) I never feel sure what’s going to happen in my life. This makes me very nervous about the future of my job and my family.
2) No matter how much I get, I never feel satisfied. I always feel restless, like I am missing something. My life doesn’t feel complete.
3) Every time something is going good in my relationships or my job, my friends and my family, it always seems to fall apart again.
4) And when things fall apart, I have to start all over again, with a new relationship, or a new job. It’s exhausting to have to start over, again and again.
5) The ups and downs of my life are making me crazy. I wish something would stay the same just for a few months or a few years. I’m so tired of things changing all the time.
6) As I go through my life, I become more and more aware that I am alone. Of course I have my family, and my friends, and my colleagues from work.
But I know that, in the end, I am always alone. Is there some way that I could guarantee I will always be with family and friends, for my whole life, and even beyond death?
During this beach retreat in Thailand, we will work together to overcome these problems. We will use the ancient wisdom from the famous book of Pabongka Rinpoche called A Gift of Liberation. We will be covering every word carefully, along with daily meditations.
Come and have fun with friends from many countries who have the same dreams as you.
Special Topic - Dance of the Lion
Geshe Michael will also be teaching a special topic during the retreat on the Dance of the Lion, which dives deep into a practice on emptiness and karma. This meditation teaches us how to develop bright, single-pointed awareness and then open a space for seeing the deeper aspects of reality. Part one was taught in Lake Chapala, Mexico, and we will continue to elucidate this practice and its finer points, along with the study of karma.. Click below to learn more about the first part, and join us for Part II.
Geshe Michael teaches 3 times a day, as well as leads us in guided meditations. Each day, highly trained yoga teachers provide insight into movement practices. Also, in the middle of the program, we take a 2.5 day break to go deep into the practices for a silent retreat in the retreat valley. Finally, near the end of the program, we do a fire ceremony that has a long tradition, dating back about 5000 years in ancient India.
Gift of Liberation
The main text for this program comes from a 24 day talk given in the 1920s by Pabongka Rinpoche. The transcript. written by Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche of this event is known as "Liberation Thrust into the Palm of your Hand." This retreat is the 27th in the series, and is open and accessible to anyone, at any stage of their practice.